YAHAnet's T-shirt design challenge 2010!
Educate, Motivate, and Mobilize! An International Challenge to Raise Awareness about Sexuality and HIV & AIDS
***If you cannot read this entire page, please download the attached document for all the details.***
YAHAnet is looking for design ideas for a new graphic T-shirt that will spread awareness and positive messages about sexuality and HIV & AIDS. Send us an effective phrase or word collage that can be put on a T-shirt to educate, motivate, and mobilize people! YAHAnet reserves the right to print the winning designs on T-shirts and display them at conferences and other events around the world to raise awareness; however, the T-shirts will not be for sale.
What do you want to say about sexuality? What do you want to say about HIV & AIDS? What words would you wear close to your heart that you want others to feel that they can wear close to theirs?
Create a “message from the heart” that educates, motivates, and mobilizes!
- Participants must be between the ages of 12 and 25.
- The phrase or word collage can only be placed on the front of the T-shirt.
- The phrase or word collage must be less than 15 words.
- The phrase or word collage can be hand-drawn (we need a high quality scan of the image) or a digital design. We are looking for more than a simple typed phrase.
- T-shirt design images can only be submitted by e-mail and must be JPEG formatted. Discs will not be accepted.
- The applicant must have the rights to the designs, which means they have to be your own!
- The design must be original and never used before for another organization, group, or contest.
- Participants may submit more than one design.
- Submissions must include your name and address in the email. Group submissions are accepted as long as contact information of all contributing members is provided.
Submissions will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
✓ Creativity and originality
✓ Strength of the design to educate, motivate, and mobilize
✓ Relevance to sexuality and HIV & AIDS issues
The deadline to submit your design is April 2, 2010 at midnight in the time zone where you live.
YAHAnet will pick the top 5 designs based on the criteria above and post them to our online Image Gallery. You can then vote to determine the winning T-shirt!
The Winning Submission:
The winner will receive 5 T-shirts of their design to hand out to friends and family. Those who don't win will still have the option of having their T-shirt design uploaded to the YAHAnet Image Gallery along with a contact e-mail address so that any youth group that might be interested in using a certain design can contact the creator(s). So start thinking about T-shirt designs to raise awareness about HIV & AIDS!
UPDATE: The competition is now closed. Click here to see the results!